Friday, July 16, 2010

Magical Mushroom 70's Dress




I love how psychedelia informed clothing and clothing patterns in the 60's and 70's. This children's dress is a Holly Hobbie, which is some sort of patchworky 70's craft, fabric and clothing (or maybe just dress patterns?) brand that featured a girl in an oversized bonnet, which of course has recently been updated to look more Bratzy.



Here is some more Holly Hobbie stuff. I have to say, looking at those old metal and plastic lunch boxes always makes me feel a powerful wave of nostalgia. Especially if they have their matching, guaranteed-to-leak thermos clanging around inside.

1 comment:

  1. Holly Hobbie is about a zillion times cuter than disgusting Bratz. Why oh why can't we take a lesson from the 70s? Homemade stuff and crafty style is pretty and soft on the eye. I LOVE THESE, the dress, the lunchboxes, all of it. I want to surround myself with this stuff and nothing new.

    ReplyDelete